Allergy - Urticaria

Have chronic hives. My skin appears as scratches whenever it wants and goes whenever it wants. I think its because of the food im eating. Did blood test and all the results are negative!! Im worried

Doctor Answers (1) on Allergy - Urticaria

Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and this condition needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non-sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it is advisable to wean the treatment. Few advance treatment options also exist which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps. Repeated posting of question will not solve your query, invest your time by meeting an expert. Online consultation have limitations.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.