Alcohol Addiction

Hello, My father is an alcohol addict and it has become very severe in past 5 years since I have moved out of my native town for higher studies. It has become really difficult for us to handle this situation as he becomes really aggressive from time to time. He doesn't want to talk about anything related to this problem and starts shouting. He lies every time when anyone tells him that he is drunk and again become aggressive. Even when he is not drunk he remains aggressive naturally these days. He doesn't want to go any doctor whenever he is sick only because the doctor would ask him to quit alcohol. Every time he walks out of home, he takes a drink and it is like at least 10 mes a day. Once, we took him to addiction specialist, who gave him medicines and asked not to drink during the course but he continued drinking. He doesn't want to quit drinking at all but his drinking habits and his trail of lies abut his drinking habits. Please give advice on this situation.

Doctor Answers (1) on Alcohol Addiction

Dr. Amit Sharma Ghaziabad | Counselling Psychologist
At his age de-addiction requires a massive efforts. As you have mentioned that he is not cooperative with addiction psychiatrist, so You can Google for alcoholics anonymous de addiction centers in your location, he will be required to get admitted there.