Aggresive behaviour

I am very aggressive and in my aggression sometimes I end up hurting someone or even myself. After few minutes I realize that I did wrong and feel depressed. I get irritated easily, on small things also like if someone make fun of me, or if someone wants to share my problems I feel very irritated and then I get aggressive and shout. Please help.
views-icons 164 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Aggresive behaviour

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Anger or aggression are part of the innate nature of a person. Anger or aggression can be heightened in some psychological or psychiatric states like teenage, presence of stress, personality related factors, depression, certain medical problems like thyroid disorders, and mental illnesses. Anger or aggression management is a skill which can be learnt and practiced by you. First step to anger management is identifying that a problem exists and since you have recognized this as a problem you are on the right track. Some of these anger management strategies are- relaxing yourself using deep breathing/ exercise/ meditation/ yoga etc, making a list of factors that make you angry and draw a list of various emotional responses and analyse them, practice anger provoking scenarios when you are calm and enacting responses which you find as calm and controlled, writing a diary of the factors which exacerbate your anger will also help you in above two exercises, an effective communication to those around you will help you control anger and your emotions better, in case you are angry you can leave the scene of that emotion and stay away from such scene for a little while, drinking a cold glass of water and counting from one to hundred in state of agitation is also likely to calm you down, kick boxing/ punching bag are some other strategies to control agitation. In case the above strategies are unable to help you, please seek a consultation with a psychiatrist or a psychologist who can help analyse your behavior and help you. Hope this helps you..