Age related degeneration
My mother is having age related macular degeneration in both eyes.. What's the solution other than infections? We have already taken 3 - 3 injections in both eyes but now after a month same issue reported in left eye. Is the life of treatment is just one month?? Please suggest

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello I am sorry but there is no treatment except for avastin/lucentis. You may need 6injection or 10 more,that is dependent on response of eye.. Please don't discontinue treatment and follow your doctor instructions

Hi.... A number of treatments are available for wet AMD. These mainly work by stopping the growth of new blood vessels. This means that treatments usually need to be given quickly once the blood vessels start to grow in your eye. If the blood vessels are allowed to grow for too long the blood vessels may scar the retina and this scarring cannot be treated. At the moment there is no treatment for dry AMD. ...