Advanced Pyria/bone loss

Hi, I have been diagnosed with advanced pyria and boneloss on the front upper and lower jaw. Due to this I have 2 lose tooth on the upper jaw. I want to go for braces but would need bone grafting as putting braces would lead to further boneloss and also tooth loss. Any suggestions if I should go for bone graft or give up the braces idea altogether. P.S. I have a large gap in the front teeth due to a failed braces treatment 6yrs ago.
views-icons 108 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Advanced Pyria/bone loss

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there...considering your present situation ... Braces is not a good option as of now...consult a "periodontist" for bone grafting and may be if possible, after some years u can opt for ortho treatment.. Take care ...!!!
It's better to avoid braces.It's a condition which could lead to tooth loss.even bone grafting will not help.
Hi.. first you go for bone grafting to make teeth stronger. Wait for three months and then go for braces. Remember both treatments are necessary to make your teeth strong and increase their life span. Regards
Considering your given situation, Ideally braces would be not a very good idea for you. As periodontal problems are a big contraindication for orthodontics (braces) I would suggest you to consult a periodontist first. Get your perio problem solved and maintain your perio health and hygiene for a couple of years. After that you can get your perio condition assessed and the decision for braces accordingly.