I have been diagnosed with advanced pyria and boneloss on the front upper and lower jaw. Due to this I have 2 lose tooth on the upper jaw. I want to go for braces but would need bone grafting as putting braces would lead to further boneloss and also tooth loss. Any suggestions if I should go for bone graft or give up the braces idea altogether.
P.S. I have a large gap in the front teeth due to a failed braces treatment 6yrs ago.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Hi there...considering your present situation ... Braces is not a good option as of now...consult a "periodontist" for bone grafting and may be if possible, after some years u can opt for ortho treatment..
Take care ...!!!
Hi.. first you go for bone grafting to make teeth stronger. Wait for three months and then go for braces. Remember both treatments are necessary to make your teeth strong and increase their life span.
Considering your given situation, Ideally braces would be not a very good idea for you. As periodontal problems are a big contraindication for orthodontics (braces)
I would suggest you to consult a periodontist first. Get your perio problem solved and maintain your perio health and hygiene for a couple of years.
After that you can get your perio condition assessed and the decision for braces accordingly.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.