Acute Back Ache
Since many years I have been facing lot of back ache..I find difficulty in standing and the pain goes till my buttocks at times. Only rest cures my pain..I really want to know what issue I have pls suggest ways to cure this ailment

Dr. Priyanka Bhati (PT)
Neuro Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Faridabad

Dear friend You need to visit a good orthopedic doctor first and do all the necessary investigations to get to the diagnosis of the problem.
Dr. Deepak Rehlan (PT)
Physiotherapist 13 yrs exp Delhi

Since you have back pain persistent for long duration. That simply shows that it is due to postural imbalance. So you should consult the nearby Physiotherapist for proper evaluation for development of exercise program involving stretching and strengthening exercises of the back.
Dr. Venu Madhav
Joint Replacement Surgeon 6 yrs exp Bangalore

As your having back pain since many years and your also radiates till your buttocks most probably u have nerve root compression.
you have to do back muscles stretching and strengthening exercises and if pain still persists after one month or the becomes worse then consult orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

X-ray must. Posture correction must. Physiotherapy treatment must. After relief start stretching exercises
Dr. Tanuj Garg (PT)
Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Noida
Your pain is aggravating due to nerve compression you need to take medications for nerve impingement...followed by physiotherapy sessions and if you have muscular spasm anywhere in the body it can be treated by dry needling...avoid bending and twisting and avoid lifting heavy weights... Best
Ms. Anshu Bhalla Meena
Occupational Therapist 13 yrs exp Faridabad
The nerve immerging from your lower back is getting compressed. This could be due to any disc prolapse in the lumbar spine. Which is caused due to weak muscles. Deal it holistically. Medicines to relive nerve pain, TENS therapy from a trained therapist, general conditioning eg. Walking, aerobics, swimming or any of them. Vitamins for never strengthening and exercises with stretches. Best
Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Back pain most of the time is due to postural problems and muscle imbalance. Muscles causing back pain directly or indirectly are gluteus muscles, hamstring, piriformis and quadratus lumborum. Back pain can be due to disc problems but research says pivd resolve in a week or two. So these muscles are the main reason behind extended back pain.
Dr. Sandip Gupta
Orthopedic Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
Consult Ortho surgeon and get relevant investigations like xrays/mri. You may require medicines with Physio depending on results.