Acne Cyst iusse

Hi, I'm having acne cysts on my face for past three months and I'm taking isotrin and applying gel for acne. But, in my last visit doctor said me to go for surgery to remove the 2 cysts. I'm really scared because of this. Is there any alternative way to treat this ? Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne Cyst iusse

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. ​​Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.