Acne black spots

I was using demelan for 1 month as d skin was dry doctor advised me to stop it for 30 days n use moisturizer and use demelan after 30 days . Skin was getting better blackspots were lightly visible after 15 th day again my skin is dry n black spots are starting to appear... Should I continue demelan after 30 days or wat should I do...

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Black spots could mean many things. I assume what you mean is probably post acne pigmentation or post inflammatory pigmentation. Targeting through a single agent may not always be fruitful. Meet a qualified Dermatologist to learn more about the diagnosis and treatment options. Combination of different therapeutic agents is always beneficial. Revlite I.e. Q Switched Nd YAG laser can also be useful in your case. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala  Dermatologist