ACL reconstructionsurgery

I had done my acl reconstruction surgery on 29th january 2016. Currently i am doing some exercise at home ie leg lifting, knee bending, knee pressing. I wanted to know is physiotherapy compulsory after acl surgery and when should i start doing the same.

Dr. Ritesh Kharnal
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Indore
Hallo there Being a sports physioterapist i can tell u physioterapy is must and should be done under the guidance of sports physio. There r many types of exercises that u have to do for complete recovery. So carry on your exercises.
Dr. D. Rama devi
Physiotherapist 4 yrs exp Bangalore
doing exercises under the guidance of a physio will help you recover faster and without any further injury..proper progressio of the exercise protocol is very important and can be designed based on evaluating ur present situation and the goals you need to achive which is different for different persons even if its the same injury..so i would recommend you to meet a physio ,discuss and decide on the protocol best suited for you..wish you a speed recovery