ACL reconstruction

I had undergone ACL reconstruction 2 days back and very next day I came home as per doc advice after I come home am not able to sleep noe move my leg on my own need some one to support me how do I overcome pain and what is the best position to sleep I can not sleep straight always need advice on sleeping posture knee is completely with bandaid and knee braces am not able to bend the knee and When can I start bending my knee and what excercises should be taken care pls advice

Doctor Answers (2) on ACL reconstruction

Dr. Rajat Jangir Jaipur | Orthopedist
For initial few days you might have pain and swelling after ACL reconstruction. For pain relief you need to do cold compression and pain killers NSAIDS. Early physiotherapy includes first to achieve extension,static quads, closed chain knee bending upto 90 degree at 2 weeks,for one week minimal walking with brace, brace continued upto 6 weeks...and progressively. If u experience difficulty with this, do it under guidance of experienced sports physiotherapist. Initial good physiotherapy is the only path foe a successful outcome. i hope this has solved your queries.
Dr. Neha Trivedi Ranchi | Clinical Physiotherapist
You will need to keep the brace on following ACL reconstruction, However knee bending is started early now to maintain the mobility and strength. You will need assistance to bend the knee passively and perform static and dynamic quads, static hams, ankle toe pumps and heel slides. The exercises must be progressed everyday, consult a physiotherapist for constant guidance.