sexologist-icon
About Thalassemia
Hello Doctor Sir/Madam, I wanted to know that me elder sister(32yrs) and her husband (37yrs) both have Thalassemia problem. So, what should be the precaution to take a child ?
312 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Consult privately with the doctor of your choice

There are 25% chances that child will have thalassemia major. 50% chances of minor and 25% chances that child will be healthy. I'm assuming that both have thal minor. There is no way to predict this. Mother can undergo testing during pregnancy. Please meet a genetic counsellor to discuss in detail.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Symptoms of thalassemia Heterozygous beta thalassemia
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.