Thalassemia and pregnancy
I am 6th month expecting women. I have hbd Punjab trait and my husband has beta thalassemia. Can you pls guide if our child has any risk of thalassemia or any other diseases if he/she inherits either or both variants of my husband and myself

Hi, first take thalassemia if your husband's is beta thalassemia minor, not to worry much, as 1 is to 4 chance of baby to get thalassemia minor and this chance you have to take at any and every time you plan for baby. Not to worry for hbd Punjab, but do protect your self from malaria.

Heterozygous beta thalassemia Diagnosis of beta thalassemia trait Symptoms of thalassemia