About teeth

My baby was 2months 24days old. At this stage he got his first teeth. With that small teeth he was biting. And he was keeping his hand in mouth to control his itching n swelling n pain of his gums. Can I use teethers for my son at this stage. I heard that babies will get their teeth at the age of 6months at that stage we can use teethers. But in this small age can I use teethers or not. I'm getting confusion and I don't want to take any chance incase of my baby. Please suggest me some solution. Which will be suggestable at this stage to avoid the itching??

Doctor Answers (1) on About teeth

Generally first teeth erupt at the stage of 6 months. teeth which erupt little early around 1 month after birth are called neonatal teeth (teeth in new born babies). you can use teethers even in this case. but some times they may be supernumerary or extra teeth. better visit a dentist and get them removed after his suggestion. These teeth may cause trauma to tongue of the child and breast of the mother during suckling. so, kindly get evaluated.