Abnormal EEG slowing
Dear Sir, My mother is suffering from epilepsy and treatment is going on . Doctor suggested for EEG. After the test of EEG , the result shows: •EEG Obtained with 10-20 system of electrode application. •This resting record is characterized by the back ground alpha activity of voltage upto 90UV with occasional theta slowing observed. •No right left asymmetry present. • occasional generalised sharp waves observed. •photic stimulation and hyperventgilation doesn't show any specific epileptic discharges. •IMPRESSION: Abnormal EEG showing occasional generalised sharp waves with mild background slowing. Kindly tell me , is there any serious issue ?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Singhal
Neurologist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
Abnormal EEG slowing is nonspecific change. Can indicate diffuse brain damage or generalised metabolic disorders like low sodium. It can also be present in case EEG is done immediately after seizures. Kindly consult Neurologist and get investigation.
Dr. Apoorva Kumar
Neurosurgeon 6 yrs exp Lucknow
Her eeg is not normal so she is ata risk of future seizures. kindly consult for changing the treatment