Abdominal pain

Hello Doctor, My wife is 27 Yrs age and she is having irregular menstrual cycle which goes up to 2.5 to 3 months. Nowadays she is having stomach pain that sometimes she cannot resist. Is this a symptom of Gastric or Kidney problem. If this is the case then whom I need to consult to get clarified and resolved? Please suggest. Also she got checked with gynaecologist and they told everything is fine but a year back they told she is having ovarian poly cyst and prescribed medicine too. Please help me at the earliest for the suggestion. I am in confusion whom to contact either Gynaecologist, Nephrologist or Gastroenterologist?? Regards Yuvaraj

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Periods running for so long are never normal and no gynecologist will its its normal. I feel you havent consulted anyone. Anyways, for pain abdomen consult a general surgeon in person and for periods you can consult a gynecologist . Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Abdominal pain could be due to many reasons pelvic inflammatory disease, pcod, fibromas, endometriosis. Sometimes even gastritis, kidney stones, pancreatitis also cause abdominal pain. Since she has been diagnosed with pcod. Firstly consult a gynaecologist regarding with the abdominal pain. Then if the gynecologist says there no issue, then you can consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.