9 month Baby has UTI

My daughter is 9 months old and is having high UTI infection with 100000 CFU/ml. Although she's responding well to oflox 100, she cries a lot at around 1 am for almost 2 hrs while touchin her vagina for past 2 days. If v take her in upright position shes quite and when v lie her down she cries again. Shes active in day time and has no visible rashes on her body. Please let me know whats wrong? She had high fever around 103 last week and after giving her oflox 100 she started to feel better and now shes not having any fever as well.

Doctor Answers (1) on 9 month Baby has UTI

Dr. Gunda Srinivas Bangalore | Pediatrician
Hi..Welcome to Practo If your baby is responding well to the medications its good, Was oflox in the drugs that are sensitive to the organism? If any urinary symptoms present and any slight fever persisting it means that infection might not have resolved. An Ultrasound examination of Abdomen and kidneys is mandatory in urine infection. If crying is because of pain in the genital area, your baby needs to be examined in that area of any local problem. If crying only in night that may be because of colic... Get your baby examined once to rule out any other problems and for an Ultrasound examination. Give plenty of fluids to her. Hope I could clarify. .. take care. ..