-0.5 Cylindrical lens
I am 22 years old. I had -0.5 spherical power in both the eyes for the past 2 years. I was using prescription glasses.Today, when I got my eyes tested, the optician said I don't have spherical power and I have -0.5 cylindrical power (axis 180 degrees) in both the eyes. Is this possible? I read that cylindrical power remains constant for lifetime and astigmatism is a childhood defect. Are these facts true? Thank you in advance.

Oh no need to fluster at all! This is power is just too small to fret over. Eye is not a perfect lens and has a large number of components. The power is a result of correlation between them. The power generally does not vary much between the ages of 18 and 45. So relax please.