1. What are the common symptoms of sarcoidosis?
Some of the common symptoms of sarcoidosis include:
1. Swollen and painful joints
2. Red and tear-filled eyes with blurry eye sight
3. Tender reddish bumps or patches on the skin
4. Hoarse voice
5. Pain in the hands, feet or other bony regions due to the formation of cysts
6. Enlarged liver
7. Kidney stone formation
8. Arrhythmia, pericarditis or heart failure
2. Is sarcoidosis a hereditary condition?
While there are no known causative factors of sarcoidosis, scientists believe that it is an immune system disorder occurring in people with a genetic predisposition for it.
3. Can I get pregnant if I am diagnosed with sarcoidosis?
Yes. You can get pregnant even if you are diagnosed with sarcoidosis. However, it is a rare occurrence with 9.6 times in 1 lakh cases. Also, sarcoidosis neither prevents pregnancy nor causes infertility.
4. Can i play sports if I have sarcoidosis?
Yes. You can play sports and do physical exercise if you have sarcoidosis. However, engaging in sports at a professional level could get tougher, and you may slowly have to taper off your involvement.
5. Is Ayurvedic treatment available for sarcoidosis?
Yes. Ayurveda has a few health supplements that help with the treatment of sarcoidosis.