1. What is the cost of Hemicolectomy?
Minimum cost for Hemicolectomy in Bangalore starts from Rs. 41,000
Average expenses for Hemicolectomy in Bangalore is approximately Rs. 68,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Hemicolectomy in Bangalore rises upto Rs. 88,000
Cost of Hemicolectomy depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- Severity of the condition
- Post-surgical complications
- Type of hospital
- The hospital room you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
2. Is Hemicolectomy a major surgery or minor surgery?
Hemicolectomy is a major surgery as it involves removal of parts of the colon.
3. Who are the best surgeons to perform Hemicolectomy?
A certified and trained Gastroenterologist or a Colon and Rectal Surgeon or a General Surgeon who is well experienced in Hemicolectomy can perform this surgery.
4. What are the indications of Hemicolectomy?
Few indications of Hemicolectomy are as follows:
- Severe bleeding from colon
- Blocked colon may require immediate total or partial Hemicolectomy
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inherited genetic conditions like Adenomatous polyposis or Lynch Syndrome
5. Is Hemicolectomy Permanent?
Hemicolectomy is a permanent procedure as it involves total or partial removal of the colon.