1. What is Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy is a medical procedure which involves the surgical removal of the gallbladder. A gallbladder is a small pear-shaped pouch present just below the liver and upper side of the abdomen. gallbladder helps in the collection and storage of the bile. In some conditions, gallbladder stones may form and leads to blockage of the gall-ducts resulting in severe pain in the abdomen. This also leads to infection and inflammation of the gallbladder. During these conditions, Cholecystectomy is recommended.
2. What are the advantages of Cholecystectomy?
The following are advantages of Cholecystectomy:
- Reduces the pain
- Removes gallstones
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps in treating other complications caused by the infection of the gallbladder
- No recurrence of the gallstones
3. What is the cost of Cholecystectomy?
The minimum cost for Cholecystectomy in Bangalore starts from Rs.45,000.
The average cost for Cholecystectomy in Bangalore is approximately Rs.76,500
The maximum cost for Cholecystectomy in Bangalore can rise up to Rs.1,68,800
The cost of Cholecystectomy may vary according to the following factors:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Type of Hospital
- Age of the patient
- Type of surgery
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
4. What are the types of Cholecystectomy?
There are two types of Cholecystectomy and they are:
- Open Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
5. Who are the best surgeons for Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy can be performed by a certified and skilled General surgeon or Gastro-Intestinal surgeon or Bariatric surgeon who is experienced in Cholecystectomy.