Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Prashanth BN

Dr. Prashanth BN

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



Joint Replacement Surgeon


19 Years Experience Overall  (14 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

79% (34 votes)

Is passionate about orthopaedics

2 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Bankart Repair
Spinal Fixation Surgery
Search procedure

Yelenahalli, Bangalore

Padma Clinic & Ortho Centre


52,Brahma Krupa, Nobel Residency, 1st Main,2nd Cross, Begur Link Road, Off Banneraghatta Road, Yelenahalli,Bangalore - South, Landmark: Next to Sri Sai Apartment, Bangalore

Get Directions

Mon - Sat

08:00 - 10:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.

Awards and Recognitions

6th rank PG entrence - 2003
Anatomic ACL reconstruction at SICOT - 2014
PCL anatomy and reconstruction at KOA - 2015


MBBS - Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugarajendra Medical College (JJMMC), 2000
MS - Orthopaedics - Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, (KIMS), 2006


Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Indian Arthroscopy Society


2003 - 2006 Junior registrar at KMC hubli
2006 - 2007 Fellow arthroscopy at Jahangeer &DMH
2007 - 2009 Consultant ortho surgeon at National hospital
Consultant scopy and trauma surgeon at Thangam hospital


59287 Karnataka Medical Council, 2001

Trainings and Certifications

Fellow In Joint Replacement And Arthoscopy Surgery - Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune, 2007
Report an Error