Dr H J Sangtani is an exceptionally successful surgeon in total knee and hip replacements and is central India's forerunner in employing computer aided surgery (CAS), for which he has undergone training in Melbourne, Australia. He has had a top of the class academic career all along, completing his MBBS and M
Dr H J Sangtani is an exceptionally successful surgeon in total knee and hip replacements and is central India's forerunner in employing computer aided surgery (CAS), for which he has undergone training in Melbourne, Australia. He has had a top of the class academic career all along, completing his MBBS and MS (Orthopaedics) from GMC Nagpur. In 1982 he left for the UK for further training and education where he did his FRCS from Edinburgh and Glasgow in 1986, and then his MCh Orth from Liverpool University in 1988. He stayed in the UK for 9 years and worked at various world-renowned centres as a senior consultant, the most important of them being the Centre for Joint Replacement, Wrightington, which was set up by Sir John Charnley (the inventor of Cemented Total Hip Replacement).
In 1992 he set up a state-of-the-art 30 bed facility - the Ortho Relief Hospital And Research Centre - which became the frontrunner in joint replacements as well as other orthopaedic surgeries. Dr. Sangtani performed central India's first Total Knee Joint Replacement Surgery in 1993 and Hip Resurfacing Surgery in 2005. Till date he has performed over 6000 surgeries, including 1500 hip and knee replacement operations with a success rate of over 98%. The Ortho Relief Hospital & Research Centre has now become a major centre for Joint Replacements and people from all over central India - Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka - come to us seeking improvement in their quality of life.
Dr. Sangtani has also been invited as faculty at various national and international joint replacement workshops & symposiums including the prestigious Oxford Knee Course, at Oxford, UK. Dr. H.J Sangtani has undergone a formal training of Computer Aided Surgery at Melbourne in Australia.
• First private institute to bring mobile imagine intensifier technology to central India in 1991.
• First hospital in central India to provide arthroscopic surgery using a high powered video camera in 1991.
• Dr. H. J. Sangtani was the first surgeon to perform Total Knee Replacement Surgery in central India in 1993 and Partial Knee Replacement Surgery in 1994.
• Dr. H. J. Sangtani was also the first surgeon to perform Hip-Resurfacing Surgery in central India in 2005.
• Dr. H. J. Sangtani conducted the very first Computer Aided Surgery for Joint Replacement in Central India in May 2006. The Ortho Relief Hospital was the first institute in central India to acquire Computer Aided Technology - the Ci® CT-Free DePuy/BrainLAB Navigation System.
• On January 23, 2009, Dr Sangtani became the first surgeon in central India to conduct a Total Elbow Joint Replacement Surgery using a "Sloppy Joint".
• On December 25th 2014, Dr H J Sangtani became the first surgeon in Nagpur to perform a "custom" Knee Replacement surgery using J&J's Attune knee implant system.
You can get phone numbers and call doctors of Ortho Relief Hospital & Research Centre on Practo.com. more..
Plot 19, Opp Ramkrishna Math, Near Kali Mata Mandir
MON, WED, FRI
9:30 AM - 2:00 PM4:00 PM - 6:30 PM