346 doctors available in Jaipur
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Can type 2 diabetes be cured permanently?
There is no permanent cure for type 2 diabetes. However, research studies have proven that it is possible to reverse the condition in some people.
2. Can bariatric surgery help reverse type 2 diabetes?
According to research, 84% of people who underwent the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experienced complete reversal of type 2 diabetes.
3. What dietary modfications can reverse type 2 diabetes?
Inclusion of the following foods in your diet can help manage or reverse type 2 diabetes:
• Low-fat dairy
• Lean proteins
• Whole grains
• Healthy fats
• Frozen vegetables and fruits
Limiting alcohol and sweets is also essential to reverse type 2 diabetes.
4. What medications are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes?
The following group of medicines are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes:
• GLP-1 receptor agonists
• SGLT2 inhibitors
• DPP-4 inhibitors
5. Can insulin help manage type 2 diabetes?
Yes, insulin can help manage type 2 diabetes when antidiabetic medicines and lifestyle changes do not work effectively.