1. Which body parts can be affected by numbness?
Nearly all parts of the body that do not get enough blood supply can feel numb.
2. Can physiotherapy help to cure numbness?
If numbness occurs due to a nerve pinch, physiotherapy is helpful. Physiotherapy can help improve blood circulation in the body and relieve the pinched nerve.
3. What can be the cause of numbness in hands and feet?
Numbness in both hands and feet can occur due to a number of health conditions:
1. Diabetic neuropathy
2. Nerve entrapment diseases, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, radial nerve palsy and ulnar nerve palsy
3. Systemic diseases, such as kidney failures, blood disorders, connective tissue disorders and chronic inflammation among others
4. Is numbness a permanent condition?
No. In most cases, numbness is not a permanent condition unless you are suffering from a major illness that causes numbness.
5. Can surgery treat numbness?
There is no one reason for the onset of numbness. Whether numbness can be treated with a surgery depends on the condition that is causing it. The only way to determine if your numbness requires surgery is to visit a doctor and understand the cause and resultant diagnosis.