Zoning out

There comes a period in every two three months in my life when I completely zone out from the environment. Even when I am in group for outing people keep on speaking and I am lost somewhere else. One moment I am happy and enjoying with them and very second I get lost. This lasts for almost 15-20 days. Ps:I am a loner by choice.

Doctor Answers (3) on Zoning out

First u hv to rule out depression, then assesment of ur personality type is necessary. Do these things first... and by process u wl come to know what to do. Best wishes
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,

Need more details for any diagnosis. Get help from a psychotherapist at the earliest.
Any help or assistance required feel free to contact me

Visit a psychotherapist for help
Make little lifestyle changes to have a positive approach to life
Hello! So let me jump right into this query, there is a lot more information I need before I can come to a conclusion. Do you feel sad, not interested in activities you previously found enjoyable, easily fatigued with regular tasks? Why do you prefer to stay alone? What happens when you zone out? What do you do? What do you feel then? So you need a therapist to sit with and explore all these before you understand why you some out. Hope this helps you.