Wrist pain
My mother is suffering from pain in Lt hand wrist, near thumbs upper side ,since 2 months. She unable to work sometimes where wrist movement involves. Visited doc but no relief .pl suggest what could be the reason and treatment .

Hello.. I need detailed history about how the pain started and how is it progressing...had it started after any viral fever..it might be due to reactive arthritis, post viral arthritis, or any other arthritic condition...need to examine you to suggest you further
please consult a physician first...thank you
Vimal Kumar
General Physician Chennai
Dear friend, what seems to be your mother's problem is nerve related. I would suggest to consult an orthopaedic surgeon. Depending upon the severity it might be treated with either just physiotherapy or might need surgery. Be prepared. Hope this helps. regards.