Finger numb wrist pain
Hi ! My mom has had a slight pain in her right hand wrist - area, and now her middle finger is feeling numb. The middle finger skin now feels dry.. Please tell me what can/should be done?

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, Numbness and dryness of the middle finger can be due to compression of the median nerve causing carpel tunnel syndrome. This can be effectively resolved by physiotherapy and exercise. Along with it you can give her tablet Neurobion Forte one tablet once a day for a month which strengthens the nerves.