Work under dentist

I have my 3rd year final exams in 10 days that means i will be in final year by next month. im a bds student. and ill be required to do patients.before i actually start doing pts can i work with a dentist in their clinic ? just to observe pts and see how they are being treated to get a better idea .

Doctor Answers (5) on Work under dentist

Hi..yes , very good decision. Every student should do this to become experienced for practice. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Yes you can definitely observe the patients in a private clinic if the dentist allows you to do so..... neither will a dentist allow you to do treatment procedures in his clinic, nor should you attempt to do so yourself, till the time you have completed your internship.... many a times, the patients also hesitate when someone is just observing the treatment and that is the primary reason some dentists might not allow you to work in their clinic as an observer.... Regards....
Why are you in so hurry to do pts., even when you haven't completed your final year. Sorry dear atleast i can't allow you. Because we work on humans not on machines which can be compensated by money. Have patience till you get enough knowledge and experience
Ya sure you can.... But final year is already hectic n need to do lots of pts and assignments. So its good if you can manage but better do this in your internship period.
Hello Dear, It is definitely a good idea to work as an observer under some dentist near you. This will add on to your practical knowledge and will help you o get rid off the fear of doing patient. I am a manipal graduate, we also use to go to our teacher clinic in the evening to observe the cases. Best wishes, Dr Vishal Jain Vitaldent India Faridabad.