Wisdom tooth removal

I have been adviced to remove wisdon tooth through surgery. Is it safe and how much pain shall i expect. Also, any recommendation of best surgeon near Viman Nagar, pune
views-icons 59 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Wisdom tooth removal

Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
I wish to see your pic showing that area and also the x-rays.  I have done some out of the box treatments of third molar wherein if the third molar is mesioangular and erupted,  I have done Laser treatment and root canal therapy. The first case which I solved this way was of my wife around 27 years back.  She is having a crown over that and is still eating with the tooth.  Plz feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime.  God bless u always.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The dentist who has advised surgery must have done so after a clinical and radiographic examination..... third molar surgery can be (& very frequently,it is) delayed by the patients but it happens to be a non negotiable option in the long run..... so better get it extracted as soon as possible..... as far as the pain is concerned, you can expect an absolutely painless procedure and the post operative healing phase will also be very very comfortable if you follow the instructions given by a surgeon meticulously.....
Regards.....
Wisdom teeth removal are highly recommend most of the times.
Age and condition of the impacted wisdom tooth determines post operative pain and relatively safe procedure.
Pain n swelling for any surgical procedure is high or may increase for first 2days. Then after it starts decreasing.
Taking medicines on time as advised by  dentist will help getting pain n swelling under control.
Yes it is safe process but better let it be done by good oral surgeon, it's not very painful as done under local anaesthesia.  There may be problem one or two day in eating and yawning post operatively.