Wisdom tooth.

I think a wisdom tooth is erupting. I've been having a lot of pain in the gum area. Also, I'm scared if there has to be a surgery if the tooth is not formed in place.

Doctor Answers (7) on Wisdom tooth.

First of all go to the dentist where a small xray will tell a lot of things , then only it will clear either you need surgery or it will be fine

Yea even i am fearful of surgery if someone is going to do on me  but being a doctor i can tell  you that you will not feel any pain

That all matter  

Do warm saline rinses .visit ur dentist get x ray done that will decide the treatment plan . sometimes pain occurs due to pericoronitis .
Hi..go for extraction of wisdom tooth to save next tooth.

Regards

Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
If I could see ur tooth pic and xrays I would be able to diagnose.  U may be having pericoronitis which can be sorted by Laser if extraction is not required. Surgical extraction is only required if impacted...  But I have done some out of the box thinking with mesioangular impactions..  Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Wisdom tooth pain can be very bad, I understand that & hence shouldn't be ignored.  please visit a dentist, get an xray done to assess if it requires any surgical procedure or not for removal.  Don't worry about the procedure as these days all the pain etc will be taken care of with medicines.  If done properly you will even be able to resume work immediately with minimal discomfort & pain.  Meanwhile do some Luke warm water gargles to relieve you of pain.
Dr. Himani S Khandelwal Gurgaon | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Get a dental check up done to diagnose. Please don't worry about wisdom tooth removal. Its very minor and painless surgery if  done by good hands. But don't delay the treatment as complications can occur and you may end up getting surgery in a very painful condition.
To clear all your doubts better take an opg everything is cleared