Wife is borderline

My wife gets agitated very easily even on very small trivial thing. She has self harm and suicidal tendency if things do not happen according to her way.She interprets the the thing said in some other way and will then start uttering bad words in loud voice. sometimes it becomes nearly impossible to handle her. she wants to be respected and loved but won't reciprocate the same.She is definitely suffering from borderline personality disorder. I don't know whom to consult. Please suggest me some good psychiatrist who can really take care of her and transform her into nice normal loving lady because she is not bad from heart that i know for sure.
views-icons 89 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Wife is borderline

Dr. Keyur Panchal Ahmedabad | Psychiatrist
Hello Without a diagnostic interview its difficult to comment whether she is having BPD or not.If its a chronic problem than it could be a personlity related issue.If its something which is there since last few months only than it could be due to depression or some other episodic psychiatric disorder.You should consult a psychiatrist first and if its a personality disorder only than starting therapy with a psychotherapist is a better option. Regards.