Why eyesight geting weak

I wear spec havng - 2.5D in left and - 0.5D in right eye from last 3years.Bt now my right eye power has become - 1D frm -0.5D.I m worried why it hs incrsed? I got checkedup by optician.I want to know reason.Will it again increase?I spnd 6-8 hours using pc mob for studies bt smtime i forget to wear spec.is that reason?

Varun Boddula
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

Change or increase in refractive error has nothing to do with mobile/system or near work. The normal range or anterio-posterior diameter of eye ball is 22mm to 24mm. For every 1 mm increase in size of your eye ball your eye sight changes by -3.00D; By age 18 to 20; the growth of eye ball stops hence the change in refractive error. If the change in refractive error is more than 1.00D within 6 months you need to get your corneal topography done to rule out keratoconus or any corneal ectasias ... Follow up if necessary Hope this helps :)