diabetes-icon

Whom to consult?

Please advise whom should I consult, an ent or endocrinologist or any other for the following symptoms; Note: I was hypothyroid for several years but recently I have become hyperthyroid. Following are the symptoms: 1. Every day morning when I wake up and sit down, I feel some block around my ear. The block is so severe that I am hardly able to hear. 2. This problem sometimes disappears in the afternoon after I have a nice hot meal. This disappearance happens few hours after I have had my lunch. But this behavior is not consistent. Sometimes it leaves 4-5 hours after lunch. But once it leaves, it doesn't come back for rest of the day. 3. I also feels that when this problem is there (let me call this as inflammation), my heart is racing too fast. When the inflammation is gone, my heart racing is normal 4. I also observed that this inflammation aggravates when I am feeling cold and when more physically active.

Doctor Answers (1) on Whom to consult?

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there , I can understand your concern , Do not let water to get in your ears .use cotton to cover your ears while you bathe .whenever you feel blocked ears ,chew some gum or take few sip of water with a closed mouth. Consult a ENT specialist in person for further evaluation and management of this issue . As for your thyroid problem you can consult a endocrinologist . Best regards , Dr. Anil Kumar Jain