Whom to consult?

Please advise whom should I consult, an ent or endocrinologist or any other for the following symptoms; Note: I was hypothyroid for several years but recently I have become hyperthyroid. Following are the symptoms: 1. Every day morning when I wake up and sit down, I feel some block around my ear. The block is so severe that I am hardly able to hear. 2. This problem sometimes disappears in the afternoon after I have a nice hot meal. This disappearance happens few hours after I have had my lunch. But this behavior is not consistent. Sometimes it leaves 4-5 hours after lunch. But once it leaves, it doesn't come back for rest of the day. 3. I also feels that when this problem is there (let me call this as inflammation), my heart is racing too fast. When the inflammation is gone, my heart racing is normal 4. I also observed that this inflammation aggravates when I am feeling cold and when more physically active.
views-icons 147 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹150 for 24 hrs

Hello there , I can understand your concern , Do not let water to get in your ears .use cotton to cover your ears while you bathe .whenever you feel blocked ears ,chew some gum or take few sip of water with a closed mouth. Consult a ENT specialist in person for further evaluation and management of this issue . As for your thyroid problem you can consult a endocrinologist . Best regards , Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?