diabetes-icon

Ent or endocrinologist?

Please advise whom should I consult, an ent or endocrinologist for the following symptoms; Note: I was hypothyroid for several years but recently I have become hyperthyroid. Following are the symptoms: 1. Every day morning when I wake up and sit down, I feel some block around my ear. The block is so severe that I am hardly able to hear. 2. This problem sometimes disappears in the afternoon after I have a nice hot meal. This disappearance happens few hours after I have had my lunch. But this behavior is not consistent. Sometimes it leaves 4-5 hours after lunch. But once it leaves, it doesn't come back for rest of the day. 3. I also feels that when this problem is there (let me call this as inflammation), my heart is racing too fast. When the inflammation is gone, my heart racing is normal 4. I also observed that this inflammation aggravates when I am feeling cold and when more physically active.
views-icons 21 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Ent or endocrinologist?

Dr. Rakesh Arora Amritsar | Neuroendocrinologist
Apparently it seems that you have two unrelated problems. If your ear problem is the major concern, you should consult an ENT doc. Heart racing may be due to high thyroid hormones in your body. For that, You need to consult your Endocrinologist.
Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
You need to consult both endocrinologist and diabetologist. Factitious hyperthyroidism is may be due to overtreatment of hypothyroidism with thyroxin. You need a diabetologist or endocrinologist for adjusting levothyroxine dose. Blockage in eustachian tube (commonly due to cold) or some other pathology may be required to rule out for that you need ent consultation. Palpitations could be due to hyperthyroidism (T hyroxine overdose)