White spots

Hello, My skin got tanned and i started to get white patches which are very dry and flakey in nature on my face...it started off on nose and slowly spreading all over.....i hav slight itching. And my dermatologist suggested to use oryza cream...after one day of use my skin started itching n became red.....in places where i have patches. kindly suggest any solution

Doctor Answers (2) on White spots

Dr. Anchal Shah Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Hello it seems that your skin is sunsensitive as well you are having red, flaky skin around nose and other parts of face. kindly provide additional details: 1. dandruff? 2.usage of any cosmetic product? 3. photo of face, so that we can send you exact diagnosis and medicine meanwhile, take care of following points: 1. avoid using soaps and detergents 2.avoid using cosmetics , fragrance products 3.strict sun protection. use sunscreen regularly
Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen in many disease and could be a presenting sign of some systemic diseases. A thorough history, clinical examination and appropriate laboratory tests will be needed to solve the mystery. Consider seeing a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plan. It could be a Seborrheic dermatitis or sun allergy.