White patch on face

Hi , I am having white patch(psorasis) on face which effected my right eyebrows too and some of them have turned white . Please suggest me if i can go for surgery and also please let me know if we have any chance to treat the white eyebrows .

Doctor Answers (1) on White patch on face

Thanks for the query. Vitiligo is an immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now it is believed to be a multisystem disorder that can have other auto-immune comorbidities. A proper assessment to determine the presence and severity of these comorbidities is needed. There are basically 2 components of therapy – first is to stop the spread of the disease and second is to refill colour. There are different ways of doing that and it differs from patient to patient. If you have tried medical therapy and have not achieved desired results, you can consider surgical options like suction blister grafts/non cultured melanocytes suspension. It requires expertise to perform and results take few months to be visible. The prerequisite for surgery is stable disease for atleast a year. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. WHITE PATCH IS VITILIGO- YOU PROBABLY ARE GETTING CONFUSED
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Meet a Vitiligo Surgeon having expertise in treating it.