White odour discharge
Doctor Answers (1) on White odour discharge
Thank you for your query regarding leukhorrhea.
It is a common complaint seen in women.
The causes for these include
1. Normal variation in menstrual cycle: excessive discharge till mid cycle, reduced thereafter.
2. Bacterial vaginosis
3. Other vaginal infections.
Some women, subjectively perceive normal discharge as pathological.
There are certain vulval hygiene measures that could be considered:
- Regular change in underwear, preferably cotton.
- Avoidance of harsh soap, perfume, oil and other cosmetics in the genitals.
- Avoid frequent douching.
- Preference of loose fitting garments, reduce local area humidity.
It would be great if you could monitor your discharge for cyclical menstrual changes, increase in odor, presence of lesions etc.
Do not hesitate to contact a local health care provider for further tests.