White hair in head.

I have recently noticed that white hair is growing. I'm wondering what is the reason for white hair and what is the remedy for that.

Doctor Answers (2) on White hair in head.

Hi greetings. Reversing grey hair to black is indeed among the tough results to show to a patient since this is a multifactorial problem. Since in most it's genetically mediated, it's tough to reverse or treat. However there are certain peptides and newer molecules application of which may be worth a trial. It's also important to rule out hormonal irregularities and nutritional deficiencies. Increase intake of oral anti oxidants. Meet a dermatologist near you for further advise. Hope this helps
Thanks for the query. Premature graying of hair is l not uncommon in general population in today's world. The cause could be multifactorial and needs to be assessed. It could be genetic, environmental, constitutional or some nutritional deficiencies. While the treatment options are limited, an attempt to prevent further graying can definitely be made. Meet a Dermatologist for better understanding and treatment plan. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala