White hair

I am having white hair and few of them have white hair at the tip of the hair and black hair at the bottom, consulted a doctor and he said me that white hair will never turn black its not possible and he also asked me to go for a vitamin B12 test and my result was 264(pg/ml) , i think its low , is my white hair is due to this deficiency ?? can i overcome this??

Doctor Answers (1) on White hair

Premature greying is a difficult issue with few options. You can start supplementation with Vitamin B12 for atleast 3 months in appropriate dosage for any benefits. This level is lower side of normal range. There are certain other medications as well but results are doubtful. The cause could be multifactorial and needs to be assessed. It could be genetic, environmental, constitutional or some nutritional deficiencies. While the treatment options are limited, an attempt to prevent further graying can definitely be made. Meet a Dermatologist for better understanding and treatment plan. Hope it helps.​​ Dr MK Agarwala