White discharge
Hi doc, i m 23yrs old..i have observed a white(milky) water discharge from my nipple...wenever i press the nipple the liquid will come out..this is da 1st tym it happen to me..i hv hypothyroid..i m very much worried please suggest me wot to do..

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Thank you for your query. I'd like to know the medications your are taking and weather the condition is unilateral or bilateral. Also weather you have symptoms like headaches and visual disturbances. The condition you have described is called galactorrhea it is usually due to an increase in hormone prolactin in a women's body akin to tht happening in pregnancy. It may be due to - Hypothalamopituiary causes. - Micro or macroprolacteinomas. - Hypothyroidism - Certain medications which are dopamine antagonists. You need to repeat your thyroid profile and serum prolactin. Moreover,  u may also need an imaging of the brain to rule out prolactinoma. Do get a local gynaecological consult who shall advice your regarding treatment options like cabergoline tablets etc. Regards, Dr Aditi Kishore Shinde