What HIV test ?
Since i wants to donate Blood & help people. I wants to check my HIV status though i never had Sex but i once used a used syringe for injection by mistake. So i want to take a HIV blood test. As i wants to take HIV test what kind of HIV test do i need to take as there are HIV 1, 2 etc. Test what test do i needs to take ? Please help what kind of HIV test needs to be done just for checking my HIV status ! I hope it is safe to take HIV test. Please help me as i'am confused.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern . I'm not able to understand why you have used a used syringe? It hardly costs 5 rupees for a new one. You take a hiv 1 and 2 at a nearest lab you will get to know your hiv status. When you donate blood, the blood bank only will test it for all the blood bourne infections after taking it. Talk to them also. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
Elisa is the test for screening.confirmation is by western blot test.
visit general physician in a hospital with good infrastructure for best results
Hello... When you haven't had unprotected sexual sexual intercourse, you don't have to worry about it.. Reusage of syringes is abandoned these days.. Antibody test is done after 3 month of exposure ,it s 99 %confirmation.. Moreover its mandatory to check blood for hiv, Hepatitis b before blood transfusion, so they only give your blood report.