Weight gain issues
My daughter who is 3.5 months old weight 5.8kgs. Her weight during birth is 3.39 kgs. Is this under weight? I contacted a local pediatrician. He said my milk supply is not enough for the baby and asked me to given similac. I feel my milk supply is enough. My daugher refuses to drink milk from me and she is playing. While she is half sleep she is drinking well. I tried expressing the milk and given in feeding bottle and refuses that too. As per doctors advise she is refusing similac too. So I compeled her using a cup and pored in her mouth. I feel guilty about it. What should I do now? Please help.

Dr. Nishant Mahajan
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Faridabad
Don't worry about weight .. it's fine... just continue with demand feeding.. katori spoon feeding is fine and better than bottle feeding iff breast feeding is an issue.. u need to relax as stress affects your feed too. . Keep monitoring weight and length monthly with the vaccination schedule. . Take care
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Goel
Pediatrician 22 yrs exp Kolkata
Wt is normal as per age. You should not do force feeding.  When Baby is hungry then only you offer milk,  breast milk or similar advance