Weight gain

I am not gaining weight my height is 170 cm and weight 58kgs. I have started gym last week. I have heard about the parasites in the stomach what shoul i do?

Doctor Answers (3) on Weight gain

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U needs to gain 12 KGS that too muscle not fat. Parasites in stomach that is myth. Go with specialist to get good guidance. I can help with 4-5 KGS weight gain in month
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., Only calories won’t add to your body weight,include the right amount of proteins to your diet... Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight... . Have six meals in a day – three big meals and three small. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner should be heavy and calorie-rich...
Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Weight gain is a slow an steady process. Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age. A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person.l Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt. For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at http://ghkritediet.zest.md or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail