Weight gain

Hi. iam 28 yr female and weight is only 40 kg, i tried everything to gain weight bt no effect, i did test also fr thoyde or tv bt all r neagative no such desease found.. i am doing my nyt shift job so diet plan is unscduld... i did get weight aftr age of 19 only 2-3 kg increase age of 22 bt now nothing.. plz help me to gain weight

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight gain

Dr. Shalini Kushwaha Delhi | General Physician
Hello. Along with a good nutritional diet consisting of milk, eggs, bananas, carbohydrates, daal etc you take alpha malt forte two spoons twice daily with milk. Don't take so much tension. Be happy.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.i advise you to take daily egg, the egg white is rich in protein and the yellow portion is rich in cholesterol,if you are a non vegetarian consuming weekly twice meat is a good option.try to include food items like avocado,banana,peanut butter,potatoes,prawns etc. Try to include fish,carrots,sprouts,chicken in your diet which contibutes to vitamins and proteins.Some times certain GE infection can lead to malnutrition, so getting rid of it will itself improve your weight. eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week and fish curry as it is rich in proteins and vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries like blueberries,raspberries etc in your diet. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.