Weight gain

Hello dr i m 25 yrs old girl . I m so skinny should i take weight gainer or not .my weight is 38 KG . I want to increase my weight

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight gain

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there..I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had mentioned your height, so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for you. Nevertheless as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.