Weight Gain after TB

I had undergone latent TB.I had completed my treatment successfully. My TB treatment is completed now but I am not able to gain my weight. My height is 5.8 feet and current weight is 47 kg. what food intake I should have now to gain weight?

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight Gain after TB

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits and vegetables like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits,papaya,guava,carrots, tomatoes all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, if possible nuts like almond, walnut, peanuts etc try to repeat this in the evening also. Include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass try to avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation. If you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician....