Weight Gain

Hello Doctor, I have been working out for the past one year but unable to gain weight and fat till now. Have tried protein powders for the past six months but that too didn't affect much. I have a pure vegetarian diet and have a good appetite of having around three to four large meals apart from that an average of eight to ten bananas per day along with one and half litres of whole milk. But despite all my efforts I am unable to gain proper weight and physique. I workout for approx 60 mins each day. Could you please guide me how to gain proper Weight along with my diet.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight Gain

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi Happy to hear from you that you are concerned about your health Weight gain is a slow an steady process. Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person. Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt. For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail