Wart on palm

I have, what I checked on internet, a wart on my right hand palm. It's been close to an year. There is no pain but it looks really bad. It's small - hardly half centimetre. Initially i thought it was just some wound, so I left it for self healing..but now I am concerned. Is it treatable and if yes then what should be the right course of action.

Doctor Answers (1) on Wart on palm

Thanks for the query.
Meet a Dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed as the treatment depends on it. There are multiple treatment options for a wart. There are many treatment options for a wart and it depends on the location, size and number of warts. The Dermatologist will suggest a treatment option taking into considerations the various factors and accounting for merits and demerits of each procedure. Warts may recur after a treatment and you need to repeat the treatment. A higher dose of zinc helps to prevent a relapse.  It is a contagious skin condition and treatment should not be delayed as there is risk of spread to self and others.