Wart on finger

Hi Doctor. My wife have a wart type of something on her finger near nail. She had it from last 18 months and she had got treated it few times with nitrogen and other medicines creams too but not worked a bit. She is in Canada and dermatologist appointment is very hard and have to go through long waiting (3-6 months). Actually I want to know What is this? (Pic attached) What is the cause? How to treat it? Any precautions? Thanks and Regards

Doctor Answers (2) on Wart on finger

There are various treatment options for this condition which may be a wart as per this photograph. Periungual warts are difficult for both patients and doctors. Kindly meet a Dermatologist who will perform certain procedure and guide you appropriately
Dr. Rupa Tejas Shah Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
The picture is not that clear.. but you have to remove it with laser or radio frequency.. complete excision is required otherwise it will reoccur..