Want to stop dialysis

Want to stop Dialysis Male, 51 My father was admitted to hospital two months back saying "Serum Creatinine value as 10". As per doctor instruction, he undergone 'AV fistual' and he is undergoing dialysis for last 2 months. Now Serum Creatinine value reduced to 8.5, Serum Potassium to 4.4 and Haemoglobin to 8.7. My father is not happy with dialysis as it is a life long treatment. He feel very sick (tiredness, headache, sometimes vomit) after each session of dialysis. Also the dialysis treatment is costly. Please help/guide us with the remedy to stop/reduce the frequency of Dialysis (Patient is not ready to do Renal Transplant). Thanks in Advance!

Doctor Answers (1) on Want to stop dialysis

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. See you have to understand the ill effects of high serum creatinine levels. Read about it online if you can. Dialysis cannot be stopped just like that since the creatinine is still high around 8. Apart from dialysis, renal transplant is the only option for which also he is not willing. Then there is nothing much that can be done. No home remedy or anything can be a substitute for dialysis. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.